Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TPACK & my TELE

1. The particular technologies used in this TELE fit the content selected in many ways. The technologies accompany what is being learned. For example, the "Quizlet" web 2.0 app will provide flashcards online that contain new vocabulary for students. We will be working with this vocabulary throughout the lesson and throughout future lessons. Students will also be asked to add their own flashcards to share with other students.

In relation to the cultural aspect of the lesson, I am planning to have students view short videos and pictures to accompany my introduction to the culture of Costa Rica. I will then put students into groups where they will be assigned a Spanish speaking country and be asked to research their culture and traditions in regards to food. I will encourage them to provide the class with a short video and a few pictures so that the rest of the class can visualize what they are being taught.

2. I believe that the technologies I selected fit the instructional strategies I have selected. In this lesson I will be teaching as well as the students. The students will have the freedom to research and provide the rest of the class with information and videos about their assigned country. Students will also make their own videos for the class to view. I believe that the technologies I have selected give the students some freedom with guidelines to create and present their research.

3. I believe that the content, instructional strategies and technologies all fit together in this TELE. This lesson will not be the teacher in front of the classroom lecturing about food and culture. Students will become the teacher at certain points. Students will also be able to use their newly learned vocabulary in real settings - not just for an exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment